Sr. Data Engineer – Hadoop, Spark, Data Pipelines, Growing Company
Why should I apply here?
- A culture built on creativity and respect for engineering expertise
- Nominated as one of the Best Places to Work in DFW
- An entrepreneurial environment with a growing portfolio of clients and revenue stream
- One of the fastest growing mid-size tech companies in DFW
- An executive management with past successes in building firms
- The leader of its technology niche, setting the standards
- A robust, fast-paced work environment
- Great technical challenges for top-notch engineers
- Potential for career growth
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- A remodeled office with a bistro, lounge, and foosball
What will I be doing?
- Building data expertise and owning data quality for the transfer pipelines that you create to transform and move data to the company’s large Data Warehouse
- Architecting, constructing, and launching new data models that provide intuitive analytics to customers
- Designing and developing new systems and tools to enable clients to optimize and track advertising campaigns
- Using your expert skills across a number of platforms and tools such as Ruby, SQL, Linux shell scripting, Git, and Chef
- Working across multiple teams in high visibility roles and owning the solution end-to-end
- Providing support for existing production systems
- Broadly influencing the company’s clients and internal analysts
What skills/experiences do I need?
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience working with Hadoop and Spark
- 5+ years of experience with Python or Ruby development
- 5+ years of experience with efficient SQL (Postgres, Vertica, Oracle, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience building and supporting applications on Linux-based systems
- Background in engineering Spark data pipelines
- Understanding of distributed systems
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Ability to customize an ETL or ELT
- Experience building an actual data warehouse schema
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 115 – 130k + 401k Match