Sr. Software Engineer – Security, User Authentication, Open Source, Back End, 100% Remote
Why should I apply here?
- Open source and commercial enterprise products
- Flagship product is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Innovative and important work in multiple fields/industries
- New product development, potential for large contribution
- Major role and impactful position on the success of the product
- High-energy, innovative and intelligent team with many technical challenges
- Distributed team, flexible environment, 100% remote work, minimal travel
- Employee-centric firm, work/life balance, “take what you need” vacation policy
What will I be doing?
- Becoming the security leader of the company’s growing software team
- Working on an unreleased project, shaping the direction of the product as its being built
- Providing the most widely used open source and enterprise-ready professional software for a specific niche computing environment
- Working autonomously with the chance to increase your responsibilities (technical leadership, software management) within the company
- Collaborating with other engineers as part of an outstanding technical team
- Selecting the language you want to code with (potential options include Java, Go, Python, and C++)
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Mid- to senior-level software development skills
- Background developing software with multiple programming languages (e.g., Java, Go, Python, C++, C#)
- Familiarity with User Authentication technologies (LDAP, Kerberos, SAML, Active Directory, etc.) and/or with Identity Security
- Experience with Linux
- Excellent communication skills
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with enterprise software development, shipping products to customers
- Background in information security: security auditing, penetration testing, etc.
- Familiarity with modern front-end frameworks
Location: Remote (open to any location in the U.S.)
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 100 – 150k + 401(k) Match, Profit Sharing, etc.