Sr. DevOps Engineer – AWS, Automation, CI/CD, Build & Release, Growing Firm
Why should I apply here?
- 20-year-old private company with consistent growth
- Leading publisher of educational software
- User growth from 100k to 5 million in the last 10 years
- Opportunity to see your company’s products on the market
- Profitable mid-size firm with high retention and growing revenue
What will I be doing?
- Extending and evolving existing architecture and assisting with creating new solutions for new products
- Working closely with different teams responsible for various aspects of our platform to ensure the implementation of quality automation
- Providing automation and support through the development cycle for any required changes to the build and release processes
- Taking responsibility for automating software build and release configurations
- Designing and implementing workflows to automate the release and upgrade process for applications in lower test and production environments.
- Troubleshooting build and deploy failures, and facilitating their resolution
- Implementing complex application and database driven automation release tasks
- Managing continuous build, test, and deploy processes
- Maintaining and enhancing the automated continuous integration and continuous delivery environment
- Supporting all pre-production and production managed environments for middleware services and applications
- Owning deployment problems and providing active coordination between various groups in order to resolve a specific issue
- Providing assistance to DEV and QA groups to include: participating in meetings, building out environments, troubleshooting deployment/configuration related problems
- Evaluating and adopting new tools to improve build and release processes
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience in DevOps engineering
- Solid experience with AWS (also open to Azure, Autoscale, Configurations, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring/data collection tools
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, and firewalling
- Background developing end-to-end build/release automation for complex solutions for large-scale enterprise systems
- Understanding of good coding practices towards measuring improved code quality and database concepts.
- Ability to lead technical discussions among software development engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Location: Dallas, TX (no relocation assistance is available)
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 120 – 150k