Sr. Java Developer – SQL, Big Data, Database Design, Award-Winning Startup
Why should I apply here?
- Award-winning startup in digital retail
- Brand-name clients and customers
- Pioneering company with global offices
- Culture of creativity, innovation, and ambition
- Mature Hadoop ecosystem, emphasis on cloud technology
- Dynamic, fast-paced working environment
What will I be doing?
- Building and maintaining secure, robust, and efficient interfaces for loading data into, and requesting data from, cloud-based databases
- Writing complex SQL queries for multiple table joins, turning queries, and optimization
- Querying large static repositories and large data sets
- Designing, developing, and maintaining data access, as well as updating interfaces across a variety of database platforms, including relational and NoSQL databases
- Evaluating database architectures to select the appropriate database platforms
- Working closely with the development team to ensure that data-driven application requirements are formulated and met
- Coordinating database design with data access interface design
- Using monitoring tools to identify bottlenecks and the root source of problem data
- Resolving database performance issues and implementing measures to prevent them
- Building and executing performance test plans to ensure efficiency and scalability
- Developing and executing data migration procedures for moving data without disruption
- Ensuring instrumentation of all data access interfaces, working with DevOps to ensure that all interfaces are monitored
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Java development
- 3+ years of experience developing database applications
- Proficiency in SQL and the ability to write complex queries
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- Proficiency in Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- ETL development (particularly Talend)
- Redshift, AWS, or Hadoop
Location: Dallas, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 110 – 140k