Test Automation Engineer – Embedded Software, Linux, Scripting, Major Role for Growing Firm
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 10 years in sales and profitability
- Continues to be the leading firm in its niche by pushing new products and technology
- Headquarters and all engineering at this location
- Agile/Scrum-based, collaborative, open, and team-oriented environment
- Casual work environment, flexible hours, work/life balance
- Great benefits, high employee retention
What will I be doing?
- Conducting tests for a combined hardware/software product
- Collaborating with the embedded software engineering team
- Working in an Agile, CI/CD environment
- Developing APIs and CLIs to support automated testing
- Developing scripts for test automation, building/augmenting automation framework
- Integrating test automation infrastructure with tool-chains and dashboards
- Developing, modifying, and executing test plans using scientific analysis and/or mathematical models
- Testing/validating complex systems and software designs
- Researching and evaluating the best new technologies
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Senior-level skills in test automation
- Experience using Robot Automation Framework with Python or Bash
- Solid background working with Linux
- Familiarity with an Agile, CI/CD environment
- Experience testing for product security
- Dedication to software quality and reliability
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience developing CLIs to support automated testing
Location: Plano/Allen, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 100 – 120k