Systems Engineer or Electrical Engineer – Battery Components, Storage Solutions, Renewable Energy
Why should I apply here?
- Entrepreneurial startup funded by a large organization
- Executive team with a successful track record in the energy field
- Ground-floor opportunity to work on disruptive technology
- Technical challenges, new product development
- Collaborative environment with a think-outside-the-box mentality
- Excellent benefits, emphasis on work/life balance
What will I be doing?
- Working with application development teams to build dispatching systems
- Creating engineering design documents for battery storage installation
- Providing expertise for battery technologies, inverter sizing, and overcurrent protection sizing
- Benchmarking R&D technologies in battery charge and discharge strategies
- Coordinating battery operation testing activities
- Supporting laboratory and field issues related to batteries
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, preferably with a concentration on power systems
- 3-5 years of experience working with power systems
- Experience with Battery Management Systems
- Knowledge of hardware and diagnostic techniques for cells and battery components
- Experience with electrical test equipment (oscilloscopes, meters, data-loggers, power supplies, etc.)
- Experience with battery life cycle test equipment
- Familiarity with AutoCAD systems, National Electric Code, and IEEE standards for electric power distribution
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-iteration environment
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Background working in Power Generation, Power Marketing, or any Financial Markets
- Experience testing and qualifying battery systems
Location: Dallas, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 90 – 140k