Systems Administrator – Linux, Learn Hadoop & Kubernetes, Growing Company
Why should I apply here?
- Culture built on creativity and respect for engineering expertise
- Nominated as one of the Best Places to Work in DFW
- Entrepreneurial environment, growing portfolio and revenue stream
- One of the fastest growing mid-size tech companies in DFW
- Executive management with past successes in building firms
- Leader of its technology niche, setting the standards
- Robust, fast-paced work environment
- Great technical challenges for top-notch engineers
- Potential for career growth, emphasis on work/life balance
- Remodeled office with a bistro, lounge, and foosball
What will I be doing?
- Developing JAMF-based fleet management for a laptop fleet
- Supporting a Kubernetes/Mesos platform and its deployment (first as an ‘understudy,’ then as an equal contributor)
- Helping to develop Datadog-based monitoring systems
- Provisioning and deployment of CentOS servers
- Serving on-call 1 week a month for the server fleet (750+ servers across 5 continents)
- Learning or contributing expertise to the following: nginx, log aggregations systems, Hadoop, COS/S3 storage adoption, DNS, distributed file systems like Ceph, TCP/IP high-capacity networking, and more
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience as a UNIX/Linux Systems Admin
- Familiarity with Red Hat/CentOS Linux (also open to Ubuntu)
- Experience scripting with bash or shell
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with Mac OSX troubleshooting, JAMF
- Interest in and/or familiarity with Hadoop or Kubernetes
- Experience scripting with python or ruby
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 90 – 140k