Software Engineer, Python or PHP, Security, Cybersecurity, Intrusion Prevention
What will I be doing?
- Perform software vulnerability scanning and analysis using security testing tools and processes used to expose known and undocumented vulnerabilities in various information systems.
- Conduct source code reviews and software penetration tests to confirm the existence of vulnerabilities.
- Using strong interpersonal skills articulates vulnerabilities to technical and not-technical audiences
- Provide a technical understanding of vulnerabilities and exploits using knowledge of coding frameworks and web application infrastructure (Application Servers, Web Servers, APIs, etc).
- Provide knowledge and support for software and web application migration devices (WAF, API gateways, etc.)
- Using creative thought and technical understanding of exploits and attacker behaviors provide additional details on how software is at risk of penetration.
- Creation of vulnerability reports disseminating to groups based on operational hierarchies.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2(prefer 3-10) years software development
- Python or PHP programming experience
What will make my resume stand out? Any of the following is a plus:
- Prior experience with databases and use of SQL to retrieve and report data.
- Prior coding experience in a high-level and/or web development programming language
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Cybersecurity, Information Security, Network Engineering, or Network Operations, Information Technology, Application Development.
- Hands on experience supporting security requirements of a large, global enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of core Information Technology concepts such as TCP/IP networking, Windows & Active Directory, Unix/Linux, Mainframe, Cloud Service Providers, Relational Databases, Data Warehouses, and filesystems.
- Information security as it relates to server security, client security, user security, network communications, and data storage.
Location: Arlington, TX
Relocation: No Assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 80k – 110k