Software Engineer, Algorithms, Data Structures, Java, Distributed Technology, Ground Floor Development
Why should I apply here?
- The cultural is early stage start-up.
- Well-founded from one of the largest VC firms in the U.S.
- Founders are well known and expertise in this domain
- Opportunity to be one of the first hires on the software development team
- The initial hires will be the pillars for a growing organization and assist in establishing an ongoing culture
- One of those opportunities that does not come along very often
What will I be doing?
- Developing new group floor technology, a software platform designed to build fully-distributed applications using the power of the cloud
- Develop various aspects of the new Blockchain like platform.
- Develop sample applications to demonstrate value and strength of the platform. Sample applications will include web, mobile, and embedded development.
- Assist 3rd party developers in the development of a wide range of applications based on the platform, including financial transactions, gaming and database applications.
Multiple openings with varying degrees of expertise:
- Prefer B.S., M.S. Computer Science from a top twenty CS university program but open.
- Computer Science fundamentals including concurrency, performance optimization, and reusability
- Systems programming experience including providing services to other software
- Java with knowledge of ecosystem of libraries and tools, open to Python or other languages
- Familiarity with high-performance architectural systems and design patterns
- Experience in developing libraries and platforms for use and deployment by application developers
- Strong engineering principles and processes aimed at developing simple, modular and high-quality code
What will make my résumé stand out(any of the following is a plus)?
- Preferred is senior level with architectural design experience, but would consider someone with 3-5 years of experience
- Familiarity with and interested in mathematical concepts, principles, and techniques
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the Java VM, covering its strengths and weaknesses
- Familiarity with test-driven software development processes and continuous integration tools and systems
- Experience with cryptocurrency, blockchain or distributed applications
Location: Remote with an eventual office in North Dallas
Relocation: No Assistance
Salary: 100k – 150k, Bonus Plan, and Stock Equity