Senior Software Engineer, Java, Distributed Technology, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain like, Startup
Why should I apply here?
- The culture is early stage start-up.
- Well-founded from one of the largest VC firms in the U.S.
- Founders are well known and expertise in this domain
- Opportunity to be one of the first hires on the software development team
- Initial hires will be the pillars for a growing organization and assist in establishing an ongoing culture
- One of those opportunities that do not come along very often
What will I be doing?
- Developing new group floor technology, a software platform designed to build fully-distributed applications using the power of the cloud
- Develop various aspects of the new Blockchain like platform.
- Develop sample applications to demonstrate value and strength of the platform. Sample applications will include web, mobile, and embedded development.
- Assist 3rd party developers in the development of a wide range of applications based on the platform, including financial transactions, gaming and database applications.
Multiple openings with varying degrees of expertise:
- B.S. Computer Science
- Computer Science fundamentals including concurrency, performance optimization, and reusability
- Familiar with and interested in mathematical concepts, principles, and techniques
- Systems programming experience including providing services to other software (e.g. operating systems, computational science applications, game engines and AAA video games, industrial automation, and SaaS
- Java with knowledge of ecosystem of libraries and tools
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the Java VM, covering its strengths and weaknesses
- Geo-distributed database architecture with SQL experience
- Familiarity with high-performance architectural systems and design patterns
- Experience in developing libraries and platforms for use and deployment by application developers
- Strong engineering principles and processes aimed at developing simple, modular and high-quality code
What will make my résumé stand out(any of the following is a plus)?
- Preference for M.S. or Ph.D., from a top-notch university
- Prefer senior level with architectural design experience, but would consider someone with 3-5 years of experience
- Familiarity with test-driven software development processes and continuous integration tools and systems
- Experience with blockchain (i.e. Bitcoin or Ethereum) and distributed applications
Location: Richardson, TX
Relocation: No Assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 90k – 140k, Bonus Plan, and Stock Equity