Sr. Data Engineer, Hadoop, Spark, Engineer Data Pipelines
Build your data expertise with projects centering on large Data Warehouses and new data models! Think outside the box to solve challenging problems! Thrive in the variety of technologies you will use in this role!
Why should I apply here?
- Very successful mature startup with clients, revenue, and growth
- Recognized for quality work environment
- Executive Management with past successes in building firms
- Leader in technology niche, setting the standards
- Robust, fast-paced work environment
- Great technical challenges for top-notch engineers
- Opportunity for career growth
- Remodeled office with bistro, lounge, foosball
What will I be doing?
- Building data expertise and own data quality for the transfer pipelines that you build to transform and move data to the company’s large Data Warehouse
- Architecting, constructing, and launching new data models that provide intuitive analytics to customers
- Designing and developing new systems and tools to enable clients to optimize and track advertising campaigns
- Using your expert skills across a number of platforms and tools such as Ruby, SQL, Linux shell scripting, Git, and Chef
- Working across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- Providing support for existing production systems
- Broadly influencing the company’s clients and internal analysts
What skills/experiences do I need to be considered?
- Mid-Sr experience working with Hadoop and Spark
- 5yrs + experience of Python or Ruby development is necessary
- 5yrs + experience of efficient SQL (Postgres, Vertica, Oracle etc) experience is required
- 5yrs + experience building and supporting applications on Linux-based systems
- Background in engineering Spark data pipelines
- Understand distributed systems
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
What will make my resume stand out?
- Customize an ETL OR ELT
- Built an actual data warehouse schema
Location: Fort Worth, TX (will provide relocation assistance)
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 115K – 130K