Sr. Mechanical Engineer – Next-Gen Products, SolidWorks, High Profile Designs, Make a Difference
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 7 years in sales and profitability
- Long-term strategy for new products
- Continues to be leading firm in its niche by pushing new technology
- Headquarters, all engineering, and manufacturing at this location
- High employee retention, past placements have been here up to 7 years
- Casual work environment, flexible hours
What will I be doing?
- Working directly with upper management on product designs
- Focus on next-generation products
- Collaborating with upper management and other Mechanical Engineers for mechanical design concepts in all phases of the development cycle
- Ensuring dimensional and tolerance analyses
- Performing design validation and characterization from prototype bring-up to product testing
- Driving failure analyses and design of experiments (DOEs) to reach design solutions and corrective actions
- Conducting design reviews and driving file release process
- Maintaining mechanical engineering environment and CAD files/drawings for volume production products.
- Helping to improve and define release cycles and documentation to support product manufacturing
What skills/experience do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8 yrs + experience in hands-on mechanical engineering, specifically with small package product design and plastic injection molding
- Proficiency with 3D CAD Tools (Solidworks or ProEngineer)
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing
- Must be skilled in injection molding, tooling, casting, and fixturing
- Strong Communication skills needed for working directly with upper management
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with small package designs that have been sealed for environmental design
- Worked on cell phone design
Salary: 110k – 130k
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Location: Allen, TX