Senior Software Engineer, GUI Development, C#, .Net, for Embedded Products
Why should I apply here?
- Recognized and award-winning for innovative products
- Large public company that generates 600M in revenue annually
- Stability and growth of a large company but with fewer layers
- Specialist in consumer products such as mobile phones, TVs, health care, etc.
- Good work/life balance with core hours
- High retention
- Great benefits for M/D/V, profit sharing, 401k match, bonus plans, and vacation
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for software solution architecture and design decisions
- Candidate should be skilled at designing and implementing sophisticated solutions on par with what one would expect to see in a highly visible consumer product.
- Codes to standards and integrate with existing solutions
- Definition of overall software system design and architecture
- Specification and development of software modules for sensor systems
- Integration of GUI with embedded components (drivers, com. protocols, etc.)
- Source for customer facing technical documentation content
- Reference application development
- New product proposals, technical marketing support
- Technical support at product launches
- Up to 5% domestic or international travel
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or related field of study
- 5yrs + experience with Windows application and software development experience for stand-alone GUI applications and architectures
- 4yrs + experience and/or proficiency developing in .NET with C# design/optimization is required
- Should be practiced in the .NET base class library and current/emerging technologies (i.e. WCF, Castle, and Enterprise Library) that leverage the BCL
- Should be familiar with basic Windows application and enterprise class software architecture and design patterns (GRASP, MVC, Memento, etc.)
- Direct experience with Qt a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Software/Firmware architecture definition
- Ability to effectively work on software integration
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design for software solutions
Location: Plano, TX
Relocation: No assistance provided
Citizenship: US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. This company is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Salary: 90k – 120k + Up to 18% ( Bonus, Profit Sharing, Long-term options)