Senior Software Engineer, C++, Embedded UI for Hardware Devices, New Product Development
This firm is search for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to deliver code for the embedded software team for all the firm’s hardware devices.
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 9 years in sales and profitability
- Continues to be leading firm in its niche by pushing new products and technology
- Headquarters and all development at this location
- New product development
- Agile/Scrum-based, collaborative, open, and team-oriented
- High employee retention
- Casual work environment, flexible hours
What will I be doing?
- Work with the Software Architect to deliver code for the embedded software team for all the firm’s hardware devices.
- The use interface for hardware devices include: buttons, LEDs, dot matrix screens, small in-car graphical display terminals, buttons on these graphical terminals, voice based prompting, and Apps for android and iOS smart phones.
- Build the necessary C++ objects for the UI and the associated APIs used in the embedded hardware devices
- Make all UI behaviors are thread-safe and deliverable very deterministic UI experience to the user.
Some of the Expected Deliverables:
- Proactive physical UI design principles for all embedded devices.
- Deliverable: Engineering Specification for ESW. Example: LED intensity, tactile response time, scrolling display speed.
- Deliveries are detailed engineering specifications.
- Internationalization of Displays – delivery of key architectural concepts for ESW, UI rendering schemes, and firmware.
- UI APIs – API definitions and Firmware delivery to common architecture team.
- ESW will standardize APIs for each type of UI. Tactile UI automated testing frameworks for integration testing (white box).
- CLI format/vocabulary/syntax/semantics to maintain consistency across all embedded devices. Deliver code for common CLI and generation of System Log.
- Work with HW on industrial design and support tactile and haptic user Interfaces. Driving toward Model-Based User Interface development.
- This individual will be largely working with the architecture team in ESW, with the HW team and with UI architect.
- There will be interactions with the Windows GUI teams on features that bridge embedded systems with the Windows platform products.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of embedded software development
- 3+ years of UI experience in the embedded hardware space
- Embedded Linux
- Strong C++ development skills
Location: Plano/Allen,TX area
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 110k – 135k + Profit Sharing