Senior Software Engineer, Java, Spring, New Product Development
Market-leading firm in assessment-management solution. The software delivers powerful, actionable data to assess learning outcomes. Building new platform.
Why should I apply here?
- Established firm, private, 19 year in business
- Last 5 years doubled revenue & employees
- 100+ employees
- SaaS adding intrinsic positive value to society
- Hires smart and talented people who are excited about personal growth
- Enjoy working in a challenging and fun environment
- Role reports to the Manager of Software Development
- Culture building events and activities
What will I be doing?
- The Sr. Software Engineer will work within an agile development organization and be accountable for refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing and implementing software and managing timeline commitments
- Work as an integral part of a cross-functional engineering team
- Participate in the technical design and development of new features
- Maintain and support existing features and products
- Participate in code reviews and other techniques and practices to improve quality
- Investigate and resolve support issues
- Assisting with building automated tests
- Ensure automated builds and continuous deployment are always working
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the product and development processes
Participating in software development process following Agile/Scrum methodology.
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5yrs + experience designing and developing scalable Java-based services and applications
- 5yrs + experience with relational databases and SQL
- 3yrs +experience working with systems deployed to Linux servers
- 2yrs + experience writing unit tests with JUnit or a comparable framework
- Experience working with Spring, with Spring Boot a plus
- Experience using version control systems (git)
- Experience with continuous deployment and automated testing
- Experience working in an Agile environment with frequent release cycles
Location: Dallas, TX
Relocation: No Assistance
Salary: 120k – 140k + Bonus Plan, 401k match