Lead Software Engineer, Java, Spring/Hibernate, Building New Platform From Ground Floor
Why should I apply here?
- Established in 2009, this firm is a leader in its domain
- Privately held
- Entrepreneurial feel, dynamic and fast paced, with less bureaucracy
- Delivers economic, environmental and social benefits to the partners, consumers, and communities it serves.
- High retention rate among employees
- Excellent compensation plan including bonus, stock options, 401k match, and open PTO policy
What will I be doing?
- The goal is to build a strong Engineering team with a strong technologist who can be part of this exciting journey. Current stack is monolithic and complex, and the goal is to pivot by simplifying the architecture, reduce code complexity, migrate to cloud and build out a microservices centric architecture
- Develop solutions using Spring Framework & Hibernate & (JEE UI | Angular JS | React JS | other UI frameworks)
- Work with product team to translate functional requirements/ user stories into well-structured and maintainable code within their design/architectural guidelines
- Develop unit, integration test cases as well as adhere to development best practices to develop code with low tech debt, high code coverage, and lower complexity.
- Operate in an agile development environment & deliver functionality to production every three weeks
- Collaborate with QA and DevOps teams to ensure overall engineering output is of high standards.
- Be a technical evangelist serve as the champion of development best practices including application of design patterns, functional programming ideas,
reactive programming ideas, code quality, test coverage etc.
- Mentor junior team members as required
- Participate and provide architecture and engineering inputs for technical initiatives championed within the organization
- Help evaluate solutions/tools and help decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in CS or related degree
- 7yrs + of experience
- Two of these three are mandatory:
1. Spring Framework
2. Hibernate, SQL
3. UI (traditional J2EE centric dev experience or Angular JS or React)
- Java (using 8 features advantageously is a big plus)
- Leverage SQL/RDBMS (Postgres is a + other DB is ok as well) comfortably
- Self-starter and takes initiative, drive through projects and get things done
What will make my résumé stand out (any of the following is a plus)?
- Rabbit | Redis | Elastic | AWS is a +
- Microservices – is a +
- API (REST) – is a +
- Your accomplishments outside of work (Git repo, articles, open source contributions, Technical Blog, Presentation etc)
Location: Irving, TX
Relocation: No Assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 110k – 145k + Up to 15% Bonus, 401k Match, Stock incentives, Unlimited PTO