Sr. Software Engineer, C, Algorithm Design and Development, Signal Processing
Why should I apply here?
- Recognized and award-winning for innovative products
- Large public company that generates 600M in revenue annually
- Stability and growth of a large company but with fewer layers
- Specialist in consumer products such as mobile phones, TVs, health care, etc.
- Good work/life balance with core hours
- High retention
- Great benefits for M/D/V, profit sharing, 401k match, bonus plans, and vacation
What will I be doing?
- Developing software algorithms for wearable devices without operating systems
- Taking responsibility for the development of device drivers, including interfaces for communicating with hardware
- Making decisions for software solution architecture and design
- Developing software models / algorithms and assisting researchers / scientists with signal processing in high noise environments
- Coding to standards and integrating with existing solutions
Serving as the technical project management or lead of software development projects
- Defining the overall software system design and architecture
Specifying and developing software modules for sensor systems
- Integrating embedded components (drivers, com. protocols, etc.)
- Working on chip driver development for different platforms
- Interfacing with customers on system level and device level
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science/Engineering, or related field
- 5yrs + experience in software development for embedded systems
- Advanced knowledge of C programming language
- Experience in algorithm design and implementation, i.e. creating an algorithm inside a DSP
- Experience in signal processing
- Excellent communication skills, including with customers
What will make my résumé stand out(any of the following is a plus)?
- Preferred experience with real-time (bare-bone) operating systems
- Preferred experience with low-power (mobile / wearable) software development
- Android programming and ability to use the Android SDK and common associated tools
- Embedded Linux kernel
- Debugging/fixing Linux system performance issues
- Script languages such as: Shell, Perl, Python, etc.
- Distributed version control systems (git, hg)
- Graphical user interface programming (QT)
- Continuous integration environment (Jenkins)
- Static analysis tools such as Coverity
Location: Plano, TX
Relocation: No relocation assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. The company is unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 115k- 125k + 18-22% (includes Profit Sharing, Bonus Plan, 401k match)