Senior Software Engineer, C++ or C, Linux, Protocols, for Network Security
Core member of the security engineering team whose responsibility is to develop the network security test components and content for the award-winning product family. Design and develop new software products as well as to enhance our existing products and online offerings. The ideal candidate will thrive on developing innovative ideas for advanced security and cyber range testing.
Why should I apply here?
- Company is stable and highly profitable (public and mid-size)
- Large enough to offer opportunities for growth, but small enough for input to count
- Small group development team for huge part in bigger picture
- Emphasis on innovation for growth
- Flex hours
- Balanced work/life culture
- Competitive compensation, great benefits
What will I be doing?
- Add new features as well as enhance attack and fuzzing frameworks (i.e., test engines)
- Work closely with application development teams to deliver new cybersecurity test components and content.
- Contribute to attack library (i.e., exploits targeting vulnerabilities) as well as validate level of maliciousness of new malware samples.
- Interact with Product Manager to fully understand the requirements and be able to develop the user story of those services.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by providing good written documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and presentations.
- Able to work “outside of your comfort zone” by contributing to discussions and decisions on both upstream (front-end) and downstream (back-end) tasks.
- Will be expected to provide accurate forecasts of work effort and to clearly communicate implementation risks and design trade-offs to peers and team members.
- Work within a test driven development team where unit tests are integrated from the earliest stages of the development cycle; familiarity with Scrum and Agile Software Development methodologies strongly preferred.
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Accountable individual contributor and good team player.
- Self-motivated and a problem solver.
What skills/experiences do I need to be considered?
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent with relevant work experience.
- 8yrs + experience.
- Strong C++ or C programming experience in Unix/Linux environment.
- Networking protocol experience
What will make my résumé stand out(any of the following is a plus)?
- Proven background in the network security field with an understanding of firewalls, filtering, IP networking and routing.
- Knowledge of internal architectures of botnets/zombies, malware including mobile malware.
- Knowledge of internal workings and latest methodologies of Botnets, Malware and Distributed Denial of Service attacks.
- Some experience with scripting languages (i.e., Ruby, Python).
- Strong investigative and analytics problem solving skills.
- Ability to do packet level analysis and reverse engineering.
- Knowledge of network/application/mobile penetration testing, vulnerability research, exploit coding.
Location: Plano, TX
Relocation: None Provided
Citizenship: US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. This company is unable to provide sponsorship at this time (i.e. H1-B).
Salary: 110k – 140k + Bonus, 401k match, Education Reimbursement, 3 weeks vacation, etc…