Sr. Software Engineer – Open Source Product Development, Java, Go, Python, 100% Remote
Why should I apply here?
- Open source and commercial enterprise products
- Flagship product is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Innovative and important work in multiple fields/industries
- New product development, potential for large contribution
- Major role and impactful position on the success of the product
- High-energy, innovative and intelligent team with many technical challenges
- Distributed team, flexible environment, 100% remote work, minimal travel
- Employee-centric firm, work/life balance, “take what you need” vacation policy
What will I be doing?
- Developing new software, shaping the direction of the product as its being built
- Building software for Data Scientists and other software professionals
- Providing the most widely used open source and enterprise-ready professional software for a specific niche computing environment
- Working with and learning a variety of cutting-edge technologies
- Picking your hardware—you’ll be equipped with what you need to do your best work
- Working with modern development practices, CI/CD, test automation, code reviews, and containerization
- Choosing the technology stack that best handles the problems at hand
What skills/experiences do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack web development with an emphasis on either the front end (Go, Node.js, Python, etc.) or the back end (AngularJS, Angular, React, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability to be one of the top producers on your team
- Background in software product development
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience using best practices
- Excellent communication skills
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Familiarity with at least one cloud computing platform
- Experience building and shipping on-premise enterprise software
Location: Remote (open to any location in the U.S.)
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 110 – 160k + Bonus Plan, Stock Options, Excellent Benefits