Sr. Software Engineer – Java/Python, Architect & Develop, Security, Profitable Firm
Why should I apply here?
- A public, mid-size company that’s stable and profitable
- Large enough for growth opportunities, small enough for your input to count
- Small group development team with a large role in the bigger picture
- Emphasis on innovation for growth
- Flexible hours, work/life balance, competitive compensation, great benefits
What will I be doing?
- Gathering requirements, architecting, designing, and developing
- Building and owning a software product that will be used to test enterprise networks
- Focusing on middle- and back-end development, overseeing front-end development
- Leading any new architectural changes driven by market requirements
- Interfacing with the business side for requirements analysis
- Designing at a high level and delegating to team members
- Restructuring and optimizing the existing system to meet evolving goals
- Working with stakeholders and various functional teams
- Participating in planning and scoping meetings for future projects
What skills/experiences do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Senior-level software development experience
- Proficiency in Java and/or Python (preferred, but also open to Ruby, C++, etc.)
- Background working on a web-based back-end system (middleware) layer/component
- Experience with NoSQL and/or SQL databases
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Knowledge of network security, TCP/IP stack, Virtualization, Message Bus
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
Location: Plano, TX (no relocation assistance)
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 120 – 150k + Bonus, 401(k) Match, Education Reimbursement, 3 Weeks of Vacation