Sr. Software Engineer – Java, Machine Learning, Data Visualization
Why should I apply here?
- Small, specialized division of a larger corporation
- New technology for an Augmented Intelligence platform
- Complex systems with high scalability in the cloud
- Great technical challenges for top-notch engineers
- Robust, exciting, and fast-paced work environment
- Less bureaucracy, fewer layers result in rapid development
- Creativity and independence without micro-management
- Flexible hours, emphasis on work/life balance
What will I be doing?
- Joining a mixed team of Java and UI Developers to build out a cross-industry solution for big data analysis of structured and unstructured data
- Exploring topics of interest in dynamic clustering visualization
- Helping to train an augmented intelligence platform
- Rapidly developing high-quality software in an Agile development process
- Understanding customer needs and crafting solutions in order to meet them
- Actively participating in collaborative architecture planning
- Unit testing and peer reviewing developed software to ensure its quality
- Clearly communicating with diverse areas of the business (IT, support, sales, etc.)
- Assisting customers who are experiencing trouble in conjunction with support personnel
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Senior-level proficiency in Java development
- Mid-level experience with object-oriented design/development (OOD)
- Solid background in SQL design/development
- Familiarity with JUnit testing, Web Services (RESTful), SOA, and Linux
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Familiarity with search, big data, and machine learning
Location: Addison, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 100 – 125k + Bonus + 401(k) Match