Sr. Linux System Administrator – OVM, Software Firm
We need a Full-time/Permanent Linux System Administrator with at least five years experience plus OVM skills! This role does NOT require the admin to be on call 24/7!! At this location, you will be the only Linux Systems Admin, however, there is back up support at another location. This position is with a successful, growing energy company that operates like a startup environment owned by a larger parent organization.
Why Should I Apply Here?
- Entrepreneurial startup recently acquired by larger corporation
- Successful track record in the software products for the energy field
- Excellent professional staff, high retention rate
- Working on new disruptive technology
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Great benefits
What Will I Be Doing?
- Administer, maintain, and support production and development resources for next generation technology
- Install and upgrade the production deployment of application software, Ubuntu-based servers (Linux), and both cloud and co-lo based resources
- Support development team to set up servers, deploy software, and develop scripts to facilitate software deployment
- Design, plan, and administer both development and production networks
- Create a backup and recovery policy
- Monitor system performance
- Troubleshoot network connections and faulty hardware
- Setup and maintain accounts for user administration
What Skills/Experience Do I Need to be Considered?
- S. in Computer Science or related field
- 5yrs + experience with Linux system administration (Ubuntu or Red Hat)
- Previous experience monitoring, setting up, and tearing down virtual machines.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, Ksh, or Perl)
- Skilled with OVM
- Deployment of Java-based applications and MySQL databases is a plus
- MUST have excellent communication skills
Location: Dallas (Downtown)
Relocation: None Provided
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. This company does not provide sponsorship at this time (i.e. H1-B)
Salary: 110k – 125k + Great benefits