Sr. DevOps Engineer – Linux, Automation, Ansible, CI/CD, Growing & Disruptive Firm
Why should I apply here?
- Startup with mature roots from a large parent company
- New product development, technical challenges
- Passionate management team with a successful track record
- Ground-floor opportunity to work on disruptive technology
- Cubicles, collaborative environment, think-outside-the-box mentality
- Excellent benefits, high retention rate, work/life balance
- Chance to serve as a key contributor to the company
What will I be doing?
- Building out the company’s DevOps foundation from scratch
- Building out/automating the deployment process
- Authoring playbooks within Ansible
- Developing and managing a deployment automation strategy
- Setting up policies for building, compiling, testing, etc.
- Creating metrics to evaluate build worthiness
- Deploying and maintaining the production system
- Collaborating with developers to create and manage product deployment
- Developing CI/CD processes within the organization
What skills/experience do I need?
- S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in DevOps
- Proficiency in as many of the following tools/technologies as possible:
- Ansible, AWX/Ansible Tower
- Terraform, Jenkins, and Git
- Artifactory, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Bash, Python, and Ruby
- Apache and Tomcat
- Solid background working with Linux
- Ability to adapt to / pick up new technologies quickly
Location: Dallas, TX (includes some remote work)
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This firm is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 120 – 150k