Software Test Engineer, C or C++, Engineering Application, Growing Firm
Why should I apply here?
- Recognized and award-winning for innovative products
- Large public company that generates 600M in revenue annually
- Local division of 100 employees
- Stability and growth of a large company but with fewer layers
- Specialist in consumer products such as mobile phones, TVs, health care, etc.
- Good work/life balance with core hours
- High retention
- Great benefits for M/D/V, profit sharing, 401k match, bonus plans, and vacation
What will I be doing?
- Preparation of test plans, test cases, execution of tests and reporting of results
- Perform software testing against requirements to achieve quality goals
- Reporting issues and managing them to a resolved status
- Close cooperation with software development to ensure testability of software early in the design stage
- Development of test concepts in cooperation with the software team to address the testing of new software designs
- Project planning, quotes for test times, development costs, and efforts
- Development of test software using structural and high level programming languages
- Contribution to new test methods and test development know-how
- Continuous contributions to process improvements
- Create and maintain software testing infrastructures as needed
- Be an ambassador and champion of software testing throughout company
What skills/experience do I need?
- 7yrs + experience in software testing at unit and system levels
- Experience with High level Programming Languages like C, C++…..
- Experience using and developing automated testing infrastructures
- Experience with software test methodologies
- Knowledge in embedded system testing
- Knowledge in testing tools and test frameworks like GoogleTest
- Bachelor in Software/ Computer/ Electrical Engineering or similar
Location: Plano, TX
Relocation: No assistance provided.
Citizenship: US and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. This company is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Salary: 80k – 125k + 15-18% (includes Profit Sharing, Bonus Plan, 401k match)