Software QA Engineer – Medical Products/Systems Testing, Innovative Firm, Career Growth
Why should I apply here?
- An entrepreneurial firm, medical R&D
- Culture of growth and innovation
- New product research and development
- Opportunity to see your products used by consumers
- Fast-paced working environment
- Chance to grow your career and to make an impact
What will I be doing?
- Testing all aspects of the company’s medical products to ensure they function properly
- Function/component, system, performance, regression, and service testing
- Collaborating with the engineering team to identify and capture test cases
- Setting up test environments, designing test plans, developing test cases/scenarios and usage cases, and then executing those cases
- Providing feedback on usability and serviceability, ensuring version management
- Tracing and reporting the results of quality risk assessments
- Developing test programs and writing test plans to validate product performance
- Performing product testing and logging test results
- Analyzing and tracking defects identified in testing
- Working with product teams to develop test plans for new products
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or a related field (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc.)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in testing, engineering, or quality assurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: executives, managers, subject matter experts, etc.
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Knowledge of testing concepts and of product lifecycle testing
- Familiarity with verification and validation strategies
- Background working with multi-disciplinary teams: hardware, firmware, software, etc.
Location: Plano, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This firm is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 60 – 75k