Software Manager, New Product Development for SaaS, AWS
The successful candidate will be responsible for development, quality assurance, development operations and project management activities for an Agile/Scrum team. This person will work to continuously increase efficiency, quality and talent of the engineering staff while also increasing transparency and communication within the company around engineering led tasks This person will work closely with Product Management and will report directly to the CTO.
Why should I apply here?
- Established firm, private, 19 year in business
- Last 5 years doubled revenue & employees
- 100+ employees
- SaaS adding intrinsic positive value to society
- Education domain
- Hires smart and talented people who are excited about personal growth
- Enjoy working in a challenging and fun environment
- Role reports to the Director of Software Development
- Culture building events and activities
What will I be doing?
- Successfully lead the development and delivery of products under an Agile methodology
- Ensure products are built on a modern, modular and automated architecture
- Work with the Product Management team to operationalize their product roadmaps, backlogs and milestones
- Stay focused on customer/market needs
- Develop and maintain dashboards and KPIs to measure team productivity
- Communicate with stakeholders in other departments in an effective and transparent manner
- Stay abreast of industry/technology trends relevant to the Software Engineering discipline
- Assist in establishing goals and tracking metrics to ensure objectives are met and recommend process improvements
- Help to attract, recruit, retain, and develop top engineering talent
- Meet regularly with employees one-on-one for mentoring and coaching
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree
- 5yrs + experience in software development management
- 1+ years of experience as a technical lead delivering large-scale software development releases
- Experience with automation technologies including QA and DevOps, CI & CD processes best practices
- Solid technical team leadership skills including employee motivation, project management, and conflict resolution
- Experience leading an Agile software development methodology, Scrum Master exp. a plus
- An emerging servant leader with a demonstrated ability to support self-organizing teams.
Location: Dallas, TX
Relocation: None Provided
Citizenship: US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. This company is unable to provide sponsorship at this time (i.e. H1-B).
Salary: 125K – 150k + Bonus Plan, 401k match