Software Engineer, New 3D Project, Unity Game Development
This firm is looking for an experienced and passionate 3D game developer to join a small team and create the next generation 3D learning applications.
Why should I apply here?
- 19 year old firm, private and with consistent growth
Headquarters based in Dallas
- Altruistic opportunity to build software to educate children
- Leading publisher of software, web-based, interactive computer programs
- Company growth from 100k users in 2008 to over 5M today
- Opportunity to see your company’s product on the market
250 staff with high retention
- Profitable and growing revenue
What will I be doing?
- Work in R & D to develop the first 3D product for this firm.
- Play a key role in the development of a new learning application using Unity 3D
- Involved in new product from conception through development and final release.
- Primary focus will be on using C# to program gameplay and AI logic but will include programming other systems as well
- Participate in all stages of the development lifecycle.
What skills/experience do I need?
- 5yrs + experience of software development experience with C# and/or C++
- 3yrs + experience of software development using a modern 3D engine (i.e. Unity, Unreal)
- Have shipped/released at least one app or game and participated in all stages of the development cycle (initial design, development, release, and updates)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- Self-driven, team player with deep knowledge over a wide array of topics related to game development and computer architectures.
What will make my resume stand out (any of the following is a plus)?
- Extensive Unity 3D experience programming gameplay, AI, animation, UI, and graphics
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Firm grasp and understanding of linear algebra, 3D math, AI, and shader development
- Write clean, modular, and well organized code
- Self-driven and a team player
Location: Dallas, TX
Relocation: Some Assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 100k – 120k