Why should I apply here?
- 19 year old firm, private and with consistent growth
- Altruistic opportunity to build software to educate children
- Leading publisher of educational software, web-based, interactive computer programs
- Company growth from 100k users in 2008 to over 5M today
- Opportunity to see your company’s product on the market
- 200 staff with high retention
- Profitable and growing revenue
What will I be doing?
- Report to the SVP and CTO within the Architectural Engineering department.
- Work with existing content management tools (MIX & IS Assets), reporting Web site (IS Web), and Visual Studio to publish updates as required.
- Work with and maintain code repository using Tortoises, to include branching and tagging as appropriate.
- Work with Curriculum, Quality Assurance and Engineering staff members to define and implement product functionality and project requirements.
- Refactor existing code as appropriate and create reusable modules/widgets where feasible.
- Work with various data repositories to generate ad hoc queries to generate reports and other data in response to specific customer requests.
What skills/experience do I need?
- 4yrs + experience as a full-stack developer with demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of Web Development.
- Server-side skills should include ASP.NET, Web Forms and MVC, preferably MVC5.
- Knowledge of cross-browser (both desktop and mobile) design and development issues.
- Familiar with Object Oriented design principles and best practices with a working knowledge of common software patterns and scalability/extensibility concepts.
- Experience working with a major databases including Oracle or SQL Server. Skills should include strong SQL skills having developed complex queries, created database schemas and built complex data transformation scripts.
- Hands-on experience working with a source code repository such as Tortoises and be proficient at managing the Web publication process from Visual Studio.
What will make my résumé stand out(any of the following is a plus)?
- Familiarity with IPAD, MAC, iOS, Kindle and Chrome operating systems
- Technical knowledge preferred in one or more specific areas (Networking, Web Design, coding, Databases, etc.)
- Experience with API Integration, a plus
Location: Dallas, TX
Relocation: No Assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 85k – 105k