Software Engineer, Integration, C, Python, Linux, Gerrit, Git, Successful Mid-Size Firm
Exciting new opportunity with growing engineering firm for someone who is is experienced and loves solving software integration problems and looks at making tools to improve the process for everyone. Great chance to have an immediate impact while working with top notch engineers.
Why should I apply here?
- Recognized and award-winning for innovative products
- Large public company that generates 600M in revenue annually
- Stability and growth of a large company but with fewer layers
- Specialist in consumer products such as mobile phones, TVs, health care, etc.
- Good work/life balance with core hours
- High retention
- Great benefits for M/D/V, profit sharing, 401k match, bonus plans, and vacation
What will I be doing?
- Design, develop, implement and support high-quality software build systems
- Introduce new techniques and technologies for new build systems and evolve existing systems
- Maintain and enhance external interfaces to build systems and information
- Provide design and implementation guidance and tutoring as necessary to team members in best practices, tool use, and quality assurance
- Develop build scripts and tools for builds, using most appropriate languages and technologies
- Integrate automated builds and build artifacts into test environments, unit test harnesses, and code analysis tools
- Manage build machines, servers, and build environments
- Develop and manage an automated release packaging system
- Work closely with the software team to develop new SCM strategies to support new projects
- Be an ambassador and champion of software configuration management throughout company
What skills/experience do I need?
- 7yrs + experience in software configuration management, build framework design and architecture using C
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science or other related field
- Experience with Cortex-M
- Experience with Git, Gerrit, Subversion, Jenkins and continuous integration systems
- Experience with TeamForge, Make/Automake
- Knowledge of anyone of the following: Python, Perl, Ruby, Lua
- Linux and some Windows experience
What will make my résumé stand out(any of the following is a plus)?
- Software Developer from a product engineering environment
- Knowledge of Google Test
- Experience with virtual machine environments
- Experience with static analysis tools, code coverage tools, unit test tools, and integration with Build systems
Location: Plano, TX
Relocation: No Assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is unable to provide sponsorship at this time (H1-B).
Salary: 90k – 120k + Up to 18% (Bonus, Profit Sharing, Long-Term Options)