Software Engineer, Mid-level, C, Algorithms, Embedded Software
Interesting, exciting projects in the commercial sector with a variety of applications (mobile, medical, etc). Great opportunity to work with a senior team and grow your technical skills.
Why should I apply here?
- Recognized and award-winning for innovative products
- Large public company that generates 600M in revenue annually
- Stability and growth of a large company but with fewer layers
- Specialist in consumer products such as mobile phones, TVs, health care, etc.
- Good work/life balance with core hours
- High retention
- Great benefits for M/D/V, profit sharing, 401k match, bonus plans, and vacation
What will I be doing?
- Making decisions for software solution architecture and design
- Coding to standards and integrating with existing solutions
- Algorithm design and development
- Specifying and developing software modules for sensor systems
- Working on device driver development for different platforms
- Interfacing with customers on system level and device level
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science/Engineering, or related field
- 5yrs + experience in software development for embedded systems
- C programming language
- Some experience with algorithm design and development
What will make my résumé stand out (any of the following is a plus)?
- Embedded Linux kernel
- Software development experience using ARM Cortex-M Processor Family (They use ARM Cortex M0 processor).
- Experience with low-power bare bone operating system with minimal resources.
- Experience with signal processing
- Android programming and ability to use the Android SDK and common associated tools
- Debugging embedded platforms
- Script languages such as: Shell, Perl, Python, etc.
- Distributed version control systems (Git, HG)
- Graphical user interface programming (QT)
- MS degree
Location: Plano, TX
Relocation: No Assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 90k- 110k + Profit Sharing, Bonus Plan, 401k match, Great medical insurance plans