Senior Software Engineer, C++, C, Linux, Device Driver and Hardware Interfaces
Opportunity to join a senior team and have impact into new software development in the optical space. Need to have be at a senior level with experience in optical networking (SONET, OTN, Gigabit Ethernet).
Why Should I Apply Here?
- Culture of a small organization with support of a large corporation (public firm)
- Growth firm, profitable and solid
- New technology developed, leading edge
- Solid engineering team with experience developing products deployed in the telecom sector
- Very good work environment, flex hours, good people, high retention
- Great place to learn and grow
- Positive feedback from candidates we’ve placed here
- Flex hours
What Will I be Doing?
- Design, development and test of embedded firmware projects
- Linux driver/kernel development up to applications development
- Software development with C or C++
- Proficient with multi-tasking and event driven aspects of developing Software in the RTOS environment
- Follow structured software development processes and drives feature completion from early design phases through to final defect resolution
- Application software development in networking and telecom
- Applying Telecommunication and Networking principals
- Generating high quality design and unit integration test documents
- Working on globally distributed teams
- Work with SIT/SVT to resolve defects
- Design prime of a subsystem throughout the full software development life cycle of a software project
What Skills/Experiences Do I Need to be Considered?
- B.S or M.S in CS or EE or related disciplines
- 10yrs + experience in software development
- Participated in a least three full telecom/Datacom product design life cycles working in multiple system areas
- Knowledge of optical networking (SONET, OTN, Gigabit Ethernet) is preferred
- C & C++ with some OO knowledge
- Real-time Embedded Systems (RTOS)
- Debugging software (GDB, code inspection, logging, etc.)
- Linux kernel and/or device driver experience
- Experience writing software to control hardware (SPI, I2C, etc)
What Will Make My Resume Stand Out?
- Understanding of data communications networking
- Automation testing
- Development experience on Embedded Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with GIT or other Source Control Management tools
- Must be open minded and willing to discuss issues. Should be driven but put the needs of the team and organization first
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Relocation: Some assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 105k – 118k + Bonus (10%-14% paid consistently)