Software Engineer, Open Source Product Development, Go or Python or Java, Remote (100%)
Amazing opportunity if you are truly an open source phenom. Work 100% remote with a distributed team of highly skilled professionals building new technology for software engineers. Must be extremely talented and passionate about building the best technology.
Why should I apply here?
- Delivered open source products in 2009, and commercial enterprise products in 2013
- Flagship product is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Users are doing some of the most innovative and important work in science, education, and industry.
- New product development
- Major role and impactful position on success of product
- Small software team with potential for large contribution
- High-energy, innovative and intelligent team with many technical challenges
- Distributed team, 100% remote work, minimal travel
What will I be doing?
- Working on an unreleased project. You’ll be shaping the direction of the product as we build
- Mission to provide the most widely used open source and enterprise-ready professional software for a specific niche computing environment
- Working with a variety of cutting-edge technologies like Go and Angular. But if you’re the kind of developer we’re looking for, you’ll be able to learn the necessary languages and technologies as you go so we’re not worried about which ones you know at the moment.
- Pick your hardware — we want to equip you with what you need to do your best work
- Flexible environment with a “take what you need” vacation policy
What skills/experiences do I need to be considered?
- 5yrs + experience for full stack web development with stronger skills on the back-end
– Back-end (Go, Node.JS, Python, etc.)
- One of the top producers on your current team
- Experience with Linux
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Any of the following will make my résumé stand out?
- Familiarity with at least one cloud computing platform
- Experience building and shipping on-premise enterprise software
- Experience with the R programming language
Location: Dallas, TX
Other Locations: Remote, Open to any location in US
Citizenship: The employer is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Salary: 90k – 150k + stock options