Sr. Software Engineer/Architect – Blockchain, New Product Development, Open to Java, Python, or C++
Why should I apply here?
- Entrepreneurial startup funded by a large organization
- Executive team with a successful track record in the energy field
- Ground-floor opportunity to work on disruptive technology
- Technical challenges, new product development
- Collaborative environment with a think-outside-the-box mentality
- Excellent benefits, emphasis on work/life balance
What will I be doing?
- Developing and implementing applications and programs for back-end processing systems
- Selecting features, building and optimizing back-office systems
- Collecting operational data from internal and third-party sources and managing a large data repository on an automated basis
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and tracking their performance
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Senior-level software development skills
- 5+ years of experience with either Java, Python, C++, or Ruby
- Strong object-oriented design/development (OOD) skills
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Hadoop/HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-iteration environment
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Background working in Power Generation, Power Marketing, or any Financial Markets
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Proficiency in using relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MS SQL, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Experience working or consulting for a startup
Location: Dallas, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 120 – 155k + Bonus, 401k Match