Software Engineer – Mid or Senior, Server Side, Java, Microservices, Machine Learning
Why should I apply here?
- 6-year-old firm going through exponential growth
- Executive management team with past successes
- World-renowned security threat experts
- On the way to being an industry leader in its domain
- Innovative and talented technical team
- Exciting projects and technology, opportunity to have an impact
- Flexible work schedule, telecommuting option
What will I be doing?
- Working with a high-profile team
- Taking ownership of a critical, successful, fast-paced system
- Contributing to and owning features, fixes, and enhancements to the server back end
- Translating general requirements and directions into fully implemented software
- Serving as the primary tester of everything you develop
- Collaborating with Web UI Developers to provide the APIs needed to implement the expected business logic
- Supporting API access from mobile devices and the company’s own Web UI
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-15 years of software development experience
- Proficiency in coding with Java
- Familiarity with microservices and/or RESTful API
- Experience with RDBMS such as PostgreSQL (preferred), Oracle, or MySQL
- Background using typical software development toolkits such as source control systems (preferably Git), build environments, AWS, various Xcode tools, etc.
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Knowledge of message-queue-based architectures
- Familiarity with Machine Learning
- Experience taking ownership of a critical, successful, fast-paced system
- Breadth of experience with open source technologies and commercial technologies
Location: Dallas, TX (no relocation assistance)
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 90 – 140k + Stock Options