Software Engineer – Mid-Level, Embedded Linux, C++ or C, New Product Development
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 10 years in sales and profitability
- Continues to be the leading firm in its niche by pushing new products and technology
- Headquarters and all development at this location
- New product development
- Agile/Scrum-based, collaborative, open, and team-oriented
- High employee retention
- Casual work environment, flexible hours
What will I be doing?
- Architecting, designing, and implementing scalable, secure, and highly efficient software written for embedded and mobile platforms
- Designing, coding, debugging, and testing applications in C++ (2011 or 2014), Java, and/or Swift using object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- Designing, developing and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Engaging in system verification of the products
- Evaluating and identifying open source libraries and new technologies appropriate for implementation
- Creating design requirement definition/documentation
- Creating detailed design documentation
- Accurately scoping tasks and implementing them in accordance with the scoping plan
- Interfacing with colleagues outside of engineering
- Demonstrate aptitude for recognizing and solving problems.
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or in a relevant engineering discipline
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience
- Proficiency with Embedded Linux
- Proficiency with C++ (preferred, but open to C)
- Understanding of object-oriented design and abstractions-based software engineering
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Developing embedded software for constrained processing environments. Must be associated with shipping hardware. Examples: Camera, Medical device, Lab equipment, etc.
- Experience with several releases of the same product(s) that shows an aptitude for feature enhancement
- Familiarity with Test-driven development (Agile)
- Familiarity with thread-safe design principles
- Any wireless, Bluetooth, WiFi, or IoT experience is VERY desirable
Location: Plano/Allen, TX area
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 85 – 110k + Profit Sharing