Software Engineer – C, Embedded Systems, Yocto/Linux Builds, High-Growth Firm
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 10 years in sales and profitability
- Continues to be the leading firm in its niche by pushing new products and technology
- Headquarters and all engineering at this location
- Agile/Scrum-based, collaborative, open, and team-oriented environment
- Casual work environment, flexible hours, work/life balance
- Great benefits, high employee retention
What will I be doing?
- Developing and deploying new Yocto build environments for next-generation hardware
- Providing support on Yocto builds, setting up and configuring board support packages
- Implementing/maintaining Linux Kernel drivers
- Supporting debugging and fixing field issues
- Recreating field issues
- Helping out with board/hardware bring-up in coordination with hardware team
- Analyzing and developing software in C and C++ for multi-threaded real-time systems
- Developing test script to test code stability and code changes
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience reviewing, analyzing, and developing embedded firmware in C/C++
- 3+ years of experience with embedded systems using Linux
- 3+ years of experience debugging embedded system field issues
- 3+ years of experience with microcontrollers and hardware/board bring-up
- Background working with device drivers and system bring-up
- Solid exposure to building Yocto (or OpenEmbedded) Linux images, customizing BitBake recipes, etc.
Location: Plano/Allen, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 90 – 120k + Bonus, 401k Match