Software Engineer – C, Embedded Linux, Product Sustaining, High-Growth Firm
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 10 years in sales and profitability
- Continues to be the leading firm in its niche by pushing new products and technology
- Headquarters and all engineering at this location
- Agile/Scrum-based, collaborative, open, and team-oriented environment
- Casual work environment, flexible hours, work/life balance
- Great benefits, high employee retention
What will I be doing?
- Analyzing field issues and helping to debug them
- Making appropriate code changes in C/C++ for multi-threaded real-time systems using embedded Linux
- Using Jenkins-Robot Framework automated test environment and Python scripts to test stability of code changes
- Maintaining Confluence pages to track test results for each build
- Performing root cause analysis on field issues to recreate and debug issues
- Documenting and updating JIRA tickets on method and outcome
- Working closely with technical support and SVT teams
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience reviewing, analyzing, and modifying existing embedded firmware code in C/C++
- 3+ years of experience with embedded Linux and Linux Kernel
- 3+ years of experience with microcontrollers and bare metal environments
- 3+ years of experience working with hardware engineers
- Background working with and debugging device drivers
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Familiarity with Jenkins-Robot Framework automated test environment
Location: Plano/Allen, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 90 – 130k + Bonus, 401k Match