Software Engineer – C++, Embedded Linux, New Product Development, Domain Leader
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 10 years in sales and profitability
- Continues to be the leading firm in its niche by pushing new products and technology
- Headquarters and all R&D/engineering at this location
- Agile/Scrum-based, collaborative, open, and team-oriented environment
- Casual work environment, flexible hours, work/life balance
- Great benefits, high employee retention
What will I be doing?
- Implementing scalable, secure, and highly efficient software written for embedded and mobile platforms
- Designing, coding, debugging, and testing applications in C++ (2011 or 2014), Java, and/or Swift using object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- Developing and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Engaging in system verification of products
- Evaluating and identifying open source libraries and new technologies to implement
- Recognizing and solving problems, interfacing with non-engineering colleagues
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience
- Proficiency in embedded Linux
- Background programming with either C or C++
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Familiarity with 2011 or Modern C++
- Background in object-oriented design and abstraction-based software engineering
- Experience with any of the following: Agile, test-driven development, thread-safe design principles, Wi-Fi, GPS
Location: Plano/Allen, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 85 – 105k + Profit Sharing, 401(k) Match