Software Engineer – C++ and/or Functional Language, High-Growth Firm
Why should I apply here?
- Culture built on creativity and respect for engineering expertise
- Nominated as one of the Best Places to Work in DFW
- Entrepreneurial environment, growing portfolio and revenue stream
- One of the fastest growing mid-size tech companies in DFW
- Executive management with past successes in building firms
- Leader of its technology niche, setting the standards
- A robust, fast-paced work environment
- Great technical challenges for top-notch engineers
- Potential for career growth, emphasis on work/life balance
- A remodeled office with a bistro, lounge, and foosball
What will I be doing?
- Gathering and analyzing requirements
- Architecting and designing software collaboratively
- Developing, testing, and reviewing C++ and Elixir code
- Deploying, monitoring, and maintaining solutions
- Planning and estimating projects
- Optimizing the performance of deployed solutions
What skills/experience do I need?
- Expertise in Modern C++ (11, 14, 17) and/or a Functional Language (e.g., Elixir, Erlang)
- Experience with Linux development
- Experience with performance optimization
- Accessible, persuasive, and concise written and verbal communication
- Interest in growing skills in functional languages
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Familiarity with message queuing (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working with Boost C++ libraries
- Experience with Github
- Understanding of the actor model (e.g., Akka, OTP)
- Video game or financial industry experience
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This firm is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 100 – 130k + Profit Sharing