Functional Language Software Developer, Elixir, Scala, Actor Model
Why should I apply here?
- Be a software developer in a culture built on creativity and respect for engineering expertise
- Nominated as one of the Best Places to Work
- Work in an entrepreneur environment with direction reflected in a growing portfolio of clients and revenue stream
- Have an impact on one of the fastest growing mid-size tech companies in DFW
- Learn from an executive management with past successes in building firms
- Help set the standards for a firm that’s the leader of its technology niche
- Build your skills in a robust, fast-paced work environment
- Tackle great technical challenges for top-notch engineers
- Potential for career growth
- Have a work-life balance
- Work in a remodeled office with a bistro, lounge, and foosball
Collegiate, laid back atmosphere
What will I be doing?
- Flat organization with a lot of autonomy reserved for developers.
- Team is responsible for keeping our fleet of bidding, budgeting and telemetry servers fast and feature-rich.
- Issues include: scalability, high availability and high performance
- Requirements gathering and analysis, software design and architecture, development, testing and review, deployment and maintenance of solutions.
- Project planning and estimations focused primarily on our dynamic language code bases
- Working with top engineers to tackle challenges
- Owning projects and make important technical decisions
- Lots of brainstorming and implementing uniquely creative solutions
- Working on the full cycle of software development
- Helping to improve effective decisions in real time for billions of transactions every day
What skills/experiences do I need to be considered?
- 5yrs + experience in software development
- Expertise in Elixir, Scala or similar functional language
- Experience with the actor model
- Experience developing for and on Linux
- Experience with SQL
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Ruby Experience
- C++ Experience
- Message queuing (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Key-value caching (Redis)
- IT automation software (Chef preferred, Ansible/Puppet experience is of interest)
- Experience with highly performant, highly available, fault-tolerant, server-side systems
Location: Fort Worth, TX (will provide some relocation assistance)
Citizenship: The employer is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Salary: 80k – 125k + 401k match, etc.