Software Architect – AWS, Java, Spring, Exciting Growing Firm
Why should I apply here?
- Established firm, private, 19 year in business
- Last 5 years doubled revenue & employees
- 100+ employees
- SaaS adding intrinsic positive value to society
- Education domain
- Hires smart and talented people who are excited about personal growth
- Enjoy working in a challenging and fun environment
- Role reports to the Director of Software Development
- Culture building events and activities
What will I be doing?
- Drive architectural initiatives that provide business benefits and improve efficiency
- Contribute to the innovative technology strategy and roadmap for product suite
- Leading efforts with Engineering team and Product Owners to ensure that solutions are technically sound, performance efficient and fit within the cloud-based model
- Evaluate and select platform technologies and open-source components to enable platform build-out and solve engineering problems
- Responsible for leading team in development of web applications on technology stack
- Lead a development team in our Agile Software Development (Scrum) process
- Investigate and evaluate cutting-edge technologies for inclusion into software solutions
- Work with a team of developers to support the enhancement and maintenance of cloud based applications in line with the strategic product roadmap
- Technical Skills: Java, AWS, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, J2EE servers – JBoss, Tomcat. Build tools – Ant, Maven, Gradle. REST and SOAP service design and deployment.
- Familiarity with Git, Maven, Gradle, IntelliJ or Eclipse. SQL Database Scripting
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Senior level experience designing and developing scalable Java-based services and applications
- Senior level experience with relational databases: PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Senior level experience working with systems deployed to Linux servers
- 5yrs + experience leading/managing software development teams
- 5yrs + experience writing unit tests with JUnit, Spock or a comparable framework
- 1yr + experience working with Spring/Hibernate, with Spring Boot a plus
- Experience with cloud-based (AWS) experience: EC2, S3, RDS
- Browser-based development – AngularJS and/or React Working knowledge of technical infrastructure (servers, database storage, network)
- Familiarity with project management software (Targetprocess or JIRA)
Location: Dallas, TX
Relocation: No Assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 140K – 165K + Bonus Plan, 401k match