Senior Software Engineer, Embedded Linux, C++, New Product Development
This firm is searching for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer who has development experience in multiple languages and on multiple platforms. The products will assist in the collection, management, and live streaming of video.
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 9 years in sales and profitability
- Continues to be leading firm in its niche by pushing new products and technology
- Headquarters and all development at this location
- New product development
- Agile/Scrum-based, collaborative, open, and team-oriented
- High employee retention
- Casual work environment, flexible hours
What will I be doing?
- Architect, design and implement scalable, secure and highly efficient software written for embedded and mobile platforms.
- Design, code, debug, and test applications in C++(2011 or 2014), Java and/or Swift using object-oriented analysis and design techniques.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Engage in system verification of the products.
- Evaluate and identify open source libraries and new technologies appropriate for implementation.
- Create design requirement definition/documentation.
- Create detailed design documentation.
- Accurately scope tasks and implement them in accordance with the scoping plan.
- Interface well with individuals outside of engineering.
- Demonstrate aptitude in recognizing and solving problems.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline.
- 5 yrs + embedded software development experience
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Demonstrated mastery of C/C++ and C++(2011 or 2014).
- Developing embedded software for constrained processing environments. Must be associated with shipping hardware. Examples: Camera, Medical device, Lab equipment, etc.
- Experienced in object-oriented design and abstractions based software engineering.
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Test Driven Development
- Thread-safe design principles
- Experience with Git/GitHub, Gerrit, Jenkins, Confluence, & JIRA
- High-Performance Video Encoding. H.264 or H.265.
- MPEG-4 or DASH
Location: Plano/Allen, TX area
Relocation: No Assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 110k – 135k + Profit Sharing