Sr. Software Engineer – C++, Linux, Application Development
Why should I apply here?
- A public, mid-size company that’s stable and profitable
- Large enough for growth opportunities, small enough for your input to count
- Small group development team with a huge role in a bigger picture
- Emphasis on innovation for growth
- Flexible hours, work/life balance
- Competitive compensation, great benefits
What will I be doing?
- Adding new features as well as enhancing attack and fuzzing frameworks (i.e., test engines)
- Working closely with application development teams to deliver new cybersecurity test components and content
- Contributing to an attack library (which exploits targeting vulnerabilities) as well as validating the level of maliciousness of new malware samples
- Interacting with the Product Manager and developing the user story of services
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions
- Venturing ‘outside of your comfort zone’ by contributing to discussions and decisions on both upstream (front-end) and downstream (back-end) tasks.
- Providing accurate forecasts of work effort and communicating implementation risks and design trade-offs to peers and team members
- Working within a test-driven development team where unit tests are integrated from the earliest stages of the development cycle
What skills/experiences do I need?
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related degree
- Senior-level software development experience
- Proficiency with C++ programming in a Linux environment.
- Networking protocol experience (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- Some experience in Virtualization, OpenSSL, or AWS
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with algorithm and data structure
- Familiarity with Scrum, Agile, and TDD (strongly preferred)
- Background in the network security field with an understanding of firewalls, filtering, IP networking, and routing
Location: Plano, TX (no relocation assistance)
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 110 – 140k + Bonus, 401k Match, Education Reimbursement, 3 Weeks of Vacation, etc.