Senior Software Engineer, C++, Linux, Application Development
Core member of the security engineering team whose responsibility is to develop the network security test components and content for the award-winning product family. Design and develop new software products as well as to enhance our existing products and online offerings. The ideal candidate will thrive on developing innovative ideas for advanced security and cyber range testing.
Why should I apply here?
- Company is stable and highly profitable (public and mid-size)
- Large enough to offer opportunities for growth, but small enough for input to count
- Small group development team for huge part in bigger picture
- Emphasis on innovation for growth
- Flex hours
- Balanced work/life culture
- Competitive compensation, great benefits
What will I be doing?
- Add new features as well as enhance attack and fuzzing frameworks (i.e., test engines)
- Work closely with application development teams to deliver new cybersecurity test components and content.
- Contribute to attack library (i.e., exploits targeting vulnerabilities) as well as validate level of maliciousness of new malware samples.
- Interact with Product Manager to fully understand the requirements and be able to develop the user story of those services.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by providing good written documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and presentations.
- Able to work “outside of your comfort zone” by contributing to discussions and decisions on both upstream (front-end) and downstream (back-end) tasks.
- Will be expected to provide accurate forecasts of work effort and to clearly communicate implementation risks and design trade-offs to peers and team members.
- Work within a test driven development team where unit tests are integrated from the earliest stages of the development cycle; familiarity with Scrum and Agile Software Development methodologies strongly preferred.
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Accountable individual contributor and good team player.
- Self-motivated and a problem solver.
What skills/experiences do I need to be considered?
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree
- Senior level experience
- Strong C++ programming experience in /Linux environment.
- Networking protocol experience, TCP/IP, HTTP, etc..
- Some experience in Virtualization or OpenSSL or AWS
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with algorithm and data structure
- Agile and TDD
- Background in the network security field with an understanding of firewalls, filtering, IP networking and routing.
Location: Plano, TX
Relocation: None Provided
Citizenship: US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor.
Salary: 110k – 140k + Bonus, 401k match, Education Reimbursement, 3 weeks vacation, etc.