Senior Software Engineer, Java and Open Source, Big Data, Ground Floor Development
This firm is searching for someone who is accomplished and wanting a new challenge. Be responsible for design and development of a new platform dealing with Big Data. Java and pro-active in open source technologies.
Why should I apply here?
- Private Firm with 25 years in business
- Leader in its field
- Profitable, stable and growing
- High retention rate amongst staff
- Very good work life balance
- Flexible hours which work for you
- Opportunity to do remote work, 1-2 days/week
What will I be doing?
- You will be given autonomy and ability to make decisions
- Discovery, evaluate new technology and assist in choosing the right stack
- Open to using new tools in the Java ecosystem including, Java, Scala, Kotlin, etc
- Re-architect the whole system and oversee new development
- Build new software from the ground floor
- Work with Big Data technology
- Work with terabytes of data used by multiple applications, need to standardize how to process, analyze and visualize all the data.
- Tools may include Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, etc.
- Be involved in deciding which tools to use
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- Prefer BS CS degree or related
- Senior level software development skills
- Some experience in design and architecting
- Java programming skills
- Pro-active in technology, especially open source
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
What will make my resume stand out?
- Big Data technologies, i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Developing new software from the ground floor
- JVM languages, Scala, Groovy, Kotlin, etc.
Location: Lewisville/Grapevine Area
Relocation: None Provided
Citizenship: US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. This company is unable to provide sponsorship at this time (i.e. H1-B).
Salary: 110K-130K + 401k matching