Sr. Software Engineer – Java and Open Source, Big Data, Ground-Floor Development
Why should I apply here?
- Private firm with 25 years in business
- Leader in its field
- Profitable, stable, and growing
- High retention rate amongst staff
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Flexible hours, chance to work remotely 1-2 days/week
What will I be doing?
- Working autonomously and making decisions about which tools to use
- Discovering and evaluating new technology and assisting in choosing the right stack
- Using new tools in the Java ecosystem such as Scala, Kotlin, etc.
- Re-architecting the whole system and overseeing new development
- Building new software from the ground floor
- Working with Big Data technology
- Handling terabytes of data used by multiple applications in order to standardize how to process, analyze, and visualize all the data
What skills/experience do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or a related field (preferred)
- Senior-level software development skills
- Some experience in design and architecting
- Strong familiarity with Java programming
- Pro-active in technology, especially Open Source
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with Big Data technologies, e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience Developing new software from the ground floor
- Familiarity with JVM languages, Scala, Groovy, Kotlin, etc.
Location: Lewisville/Grapevine Area, TX (no relocation assistance)
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 110 – 130k + 401k Match