Mechanical Design Engineer – Electronic Packaging, Plastic Injection Molding, Growing Company
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 10 years in sales and profitability
- Continues to be the leading firm in its niche by pushing new products and technology
- Headquarters and all engineering at this location
- Agile/Scrum-based, collaborative, open, and team-oriented environment
- Casual work environment, flexible hours, work/life balance
- Great benefits, high employee retention
What will I be doing?
- Developing new and innovative products
- Owning the end-to-end mechanical development and integration of cutting-edge product design
- Ensuring design-for-fit with dimensional and tolerance analyses
- Performing design validation and characterization from prototype bring-up to production testing
- Driving failure analyses and DOEs to reach design solutions and corrective actions
- Conducting design reviews and driving file release process
- Maintaining development environment and CAD files/drawings for volume production products
- Helping to improve, define, and support product manufacturing documentation and drawings
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical product design experience
- Electronic packaging experience
- Background designing small products that require plastic injection molding
- Experience with 3D CAD tools (SolidWorks or Creo)
- Experience working with Electrical Engineers
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding, casting, tooling, and fixturing
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Understanding of DFM, DFA, statistical tolerance analysis, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing
- Experience designing with different materials, including plastic, overmold materials, metals for casting, finishes, and cosmetic coatings
- Experience managing overseas vendors
- Ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members and to collaborate efficiently
Location: Plano/Allen, TX Area
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 90 – 120k