Hardware Engineer – Digital Design, New Product Development, Growing Company
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 10 years in sales and profitability
- Continues to be the leading firm in its niche by pushing new products and technology
- Headquarters and all engineering at this location
- Agile/Scrum-based, collaborative, open, and team-oriented environment
- Casual work environment, flexible hours, work/life balance
- Great benefits, high employee retention
What will I be doing?
- Designing, implementing, and producing embedded hardware systems
- Selecting processor, technologies, etc., for integration of hardware and software in implementing embedded video systems
- Working with Engineering and Product Management to generate product performance specs from customer requirements
- Designing, analyzing, integrating, verifying, and maintaining analog, digital, and mixed-signal hardware products
- Designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting different types of circuits
- Assisting in top-level and low-level design and development tasks
- Ensuring that all products meet design, reliability, and quality requirements
- Supporting existing products by improving reliability and functionality, replacing obsolete components, and reducing cost
What skills/experience do I need?
- S. and/or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Proven ability to generate schematic capture and PCB layout (preferably with Allegro)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as part of a team
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with low size, weight and power devices, battery powered devices
- Background developing products with international agency compliance
- Familiarity with any of the following: batteries, audio, video, wireless technology, digital video recording, RF, CMOS sensors, or cameras
Location: Plano/Allen, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 90 – 130k (based on level of experience)