DevOps Engineer, AWS, SaaS, High-Availability and Scalability, Exciting Growing Company
Why should I apply here?
- Highly successful, profitable, and growing firm in e-commerce
- 6 year old firm with high valuation and great potential
- 200+ people in the firm, headquarters in Dallas, and worldwide offices
- Domain leader that emphasizes technology to drive company success
- Highly leverage social media platforms for success
- Work alongside passionate people in a fun energetic environment
What will I be doing?
- Act as front-line technical support to diagnose, resolve, or escalate production issues
- Collect data, monitor systems, and work with others to identify and resolve performance problems
- Maintain and improve our infrastructure
- Maintain key operational metrics and provide regular updates to management
- Follow change management processes during implementations
- Collaborate with teammates in Dallas, the Bay Area, and Beijing
- Propose new ways and technologies for infrastructure automation
- Insure proper monitoring of both infrastructure and end-user experience
- Perform root cause analysis of problems and insure the take-home lessons are understood and implemented. Work so we never see the same incident twice.
- Track project work and support issues using JIRA
- Work closely with Dev teams to ensure services are designed with operability in mind
- Share on-call rotation with the team, one week/month
- Some telecommute possible after getting up to speed
What skills/experiences do I need to be considered?
- 5yrs + experience in Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps, preferably in large-scale SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS
- 3yrs + recent experience with deep AWS experience, including Compute, Storage, Database, Management Tools, and Developer Tools
- Experience implementing security to serve and protect
- Deep knowledge of Linux, including kernel configuration and performance management and tuning
- Hands-on experience with implementing and maintaining CI infrastructure, test executions and log processing
- Hands-on experience with containerization and orchestration
- Scripting languages (shell, Python, PHP, Perl) experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, replication schemes, sharding
- Red Hat Linux
- Jenkins, CircleCI, quay.io
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP
Location: Dallas, TX
Relocation: No Assistance
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is unable to sponsor at this time.
Salary: 100k – 130k