DevOps Engineer – Linux, AWS, Docker, Large-Scale SaaS, Remote Work Option
Why should I apply here?
- 6-year-old firm going through exponential growth
- Executive management team with past successes
- World-renowned security threat experts
- On the way to being an industry leader in its domain
- Innovative and talented technical team
- Exciting projects and technology, opportunity to have an impact
- Flexible work schedule, telecommuting option
What will I be doing?
- Working alongside and learning from Senior DevOps Engineers
- Supporting a large-scale SaaS application for global enterprise customers
- Building next-generation architecture
- Working with AWS technology in the growing field of mobile security
- Coding with Java and/or Python when necessary
- Advancing new technologies and tools
- Serving on-call for one week every month
What skills/experience do I need?
- S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- The talent of a developer and the knowledge of an IT technician
- Experience working with Linux
- Junior to mid-level skills in most of the following:
- AWS management (preferably with SaaS applications built using EC2, RDS, SQS, ElasticSearch, and ELBs with Auto Scaling)
- Database management and configuration (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Coding with Java and/or Python
- Supporting large-scale, high-availability web-based n-tier systems and high-transaction systems
- Chef, Puppet, Salt, or other deployment and configuration automation solutions
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with Azure and/or Google Public Cloud
- Experience with Docker and Docker clustering
- Familiarity with OpenStack
- Knowledge of Kafka, Team City, Artifactory, Gradle, Vert.X, AngularJS
Location: Dallas, TX (includes some remote work)
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This firm is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 80 – 120k + Bonus Plan