DevOps Engineer – Azure, PowerShell, Automation, Site Reliability, Industry Leader
Why should I apply here?
- Exponential growth over the past 10 years in sales and profitability
- Continues to be the leading firm in its niche by pushing new products and technology
- Headquarters and all engineering at this location
- Agile/Scrum-based, collaborative, open, and team-oriented environment
- Casual work environment, flexible hours, work/life balance
- Great benefits, high employee retention
What will I be doing?
- Building/maintaining infrastructure, automating deployments, and helping to design cloud products running on Microsoft Azure
- Collaborating with the engineering team on various projects
- Automating away the process of managing capacity
- Safely deploying software and mitigating system failures
- Owning the pipeline from development to production
- Proactively identifying and developing areas to improve monitoring/alerting, reliability, performance, and automation
- Participating in deployment strategy, logging and analytics strategy, and monitoring strategy
- Managing performance and creating a Production Readiness Plan
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- DevOps and/or site reliability experience
- Exposure to a wide range of different technologies
- Experience with .Net, IIS, SQL Server, Windows Services
- Hands-on experience with PowerShell (Modules, DSC, etc.)
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Azure
- Experience troubleshooting enterprise scale platforms
- First-hand knowledge of CI/CD, Git, or Team City
- Track record of solving complex problems with technology (automation, ML, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools and platforms
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience building enterprise scale platforms
- Background working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (PowerShell DSC, Chef, Ansible, and/or Docker)
- Experience with runbook / workflow / event-based automation
- Experience with microservices and containers
Location: Plano/Allen, TX Area
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 100 – 140k + Profit Sharing