Sr. DevOps Engineer – Linux, AWS, Large-Scale Kafka Deployment, Docker Clustering
Why should I apply here?
- 6-year-old firm going through exponential grow
- Executive management team with past successes
- World-renowned security threat experts
- Becoming an industry leader in its domain
- Innovative and talented technical team
- Exciting projects and technology, opportunity to have an impact
- Flexible work schedule, telecommuting option
What will I be doing?
- Supporting a large-scale SaaS application for global enterprise customers
- Building next-generation architecture based on containers
- Working with AWS technology and other queue/streaming technologies like Kafka
- Coding with Java and/or Python where necessary
- Being on call one week per month
What skills/experiences do I need?
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Talent of a developer and knowledge of an IT person
- Familiarity with Linux
- Technical experience in most of the following areas:
- AWS management, preferably with SAAS applications built using EC2, RDS, SQS, and ELBs with Autoscaling
- Management and configuration of databases (Postgres preferred but open to others)
- Coding with Java and/or Python
- Docker and docker clustering via Swarm or Kubernetes
- Large-scale, high-availability web-based n-tier systems and high-transaction systems
- Deployment and configuration of automation solutions (Chef, Puppet, and/or Salt)
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Experience with large-scale Kafka deployment/monitoring/operationalizing
- Experience with Azure and/or Google Public Cloud
- Familiarity with OpenStack
- Knowledge of Team City, Artifactory, Gradle, Vert.X, AngularJS
Location: Dallas, TX
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1-B).
Salary: 100 – 135k + Stock Options + Bonus Plan